About Me

I am an artist in my heart, soul and in every cell of my body. I have a passion for making things surrounding me more beautiful than when I first encountered them. I love finding the beauty in a battered object and loving it just the way it is, or partly restoring it. The beauty of these pieces lies in the imperfection, in the story it reflects... This faded look is often reflected in my work: my paintings, as well as my clothing designs. I love finding inspiration in the past. My favourite painters include John Singer Sargent and Cecilia Beaux. I like to refer to my clothing designs as "fabric art", since the focus is often on detail. It's not fashion, but wearable garments of timeless elegance, enhanced by detailed hand finishing. Each design is a one off. My style is instantly recognizable, but no design is ever repeated. I you are interested to see what I'm up to in the textile department, please visit www.elriaellismode.blogspot.com. For more info, a chat or to commission a painting or garment, please e-mail me: hanselria@skynet.be

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Fantasy



Sylvie gracefully models a full-length bias-cut chiffon dress, with gold Indian-inspired block-printing and beading following the lines of the dress.
This is coupled with a figure-hugging knit coat with a gravity-defying stand-up collar, entirely constructed of handmade roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment